Home » Florida » Orlando

Women's Residential And Counseling Center

107 E Hillcrest St
Orlando, FL 32801
(407) 425-1076

Class of Housing: Shelter for single women and families.

General Information:

Shelter and Transitional housing for single women and families. Open 24 hours. Operated by the Salvation Army.

Eligilibility Single women or women with children who are already working or have another source of income. Must be able
to save money. The number of children per adult cannot exceed 3 and the male children must be 10 years or younger.

All persons must meet with a case manager first, which includes a Comprehensive Needs Assessment.

Fees for services: Standard weekly fees are $60.00 per week for single women and $70.00 per week for women with children.

Note: Fees are subject to change. Call for updated rates.

Located on the Coalition’s main campus, can accommodate 240 individuals. The CWF is made up of three distinct sections – a single women’s dorm; a dorm for single mothers with young children; and individual family rooms for intact families, single mothers with older children, and single fathers with children.

A 126-person transitional living program for single women and women with children, with an additional 12 beds for emergency situations.

Website: http://www.centralfloridahomeless.org/

Facebook: Visit Facebook Page
Did you find a problem with this listing? Please notify us of changes needed.

Helpful Definitions For Women's Residential And Counseling Center:

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.
How To Volunteer at Women's Residential And Counseling Center:

Be a volunteer. Call Women's Residential And Counseling Center at (407) 425-1076 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:

ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call Women's Residential And Counseling Center directly at: (407) 425-1076
Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Women's Residential And Counseling Center, please provide it below.

Post Comment OR Correction

Email Address:


Answer Above Math Problem: