Home » California » Santa Barbara

Transition House - Transitional Residence

434 E. Ortega Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

General Information:

The Transitional Residence provides up to 6 months of transitional housing for families in need. Residents pay a portion of their income towards rent. There is a shared kitchen and living room/dining room. Case managment is offered. For more information contact Transition House or visit the Transition House website.
Did you find a problem with this listing? Please notify us of changes needed.

Helpful Definitions For Transition House - Transitional Residence:

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.
How To Volunteer at Transition House - Transitional Residence:

Be a volunteer. Call Transition House - Transitional Residence at 805-730-3848 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:

ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call Transition House - Transitional Residence directly at: 805-730-3848
Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Transition House - Transitional Residence, please provide it below.

Post Comment OR Correction

Email Address:


Answer Above Math Problem: