HUD VASH Vouchers - Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing

Homeless Veterans may not be aware of a HUD program called the Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing Voucher Program. This program combines the Section 8 Vouchers (now called Housing Choice Vouchers) which assists with rental assistance, with clinical services and case management provided by the VA (Veteran's Affairs). Homeless Veteran Picture

HUD (The Department of Housing and Urban Development) has awarded in the neighborhood of 10,000 of these vouchers a year since 2008.

These vouchers are administered at approved VAMC's (Veteran Affairs Medical Centers). They assist veterans and their families afford safe housing.

If you are a veteran who is homeless or is in fear of being homeless, in need of rent assistance, we recommend that you contact one of the approved Veteran's Affairs Offices where you can get assistance. Please follow this link to the HUD VASH Vouchers Page: Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing. You will find more information about the program along with contact phone numbers in each state who can provide you with information on how to obtain this Veteran's Support Voucher.