Community Action Agency Transitional Housing Prichard

204 East Main Street
Prichard, AL 36610

(251) 457-5700
Class of Housing/Services: Transitional housing, supportive housing

General Information:
Provides transitional housing, supportive housing for families. Part of the Community action agency of Mobile Alabama. Call the phone number provided for more details. Office hours: Mondays through Fridays 8am - 5pm.

Helpful Definitions For Community Action Agency Transitional Housing Prichard:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Supportive Housing Programs that provide an alternative living arrangement for individuals who, because of age, disability, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic homelessness or other circumstances, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in the activities of daily living; or who need access to case management, housing support, vocational, employment and other services to transition to independent living.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Community Action Agency Transitional Housing Prichard' directly at: (251) 457-5700

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Community Action Agency Transitional Housing Prichard, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...