Home » Pennsylvania » Pittsburgh

Hearth Transitional Housing For Women

Pittsburgh, PA 15237
(412) 366-9801

Class of Housing: Transitional and supportive housing for women

General Information:

Provides a progression of supportive services and housing that empowers families to become independent, self-sufficient, and adequately housed. To foster low income housing opportunities to prevent homelessness and encourage safe, affordable housing.

We accomplish our mission through two programs that we operate, Benedictine Place and PRIDE.

At Benedictine Place we provide transitional housing to homeless women with children while they work to become economically self-sufficient. While the “Moms” go to school and obtain marketable skills, the staff at HEARTH provide support through Case Management, donations, volunteer services and connections with community resources. When the women leave Benedictine Place they are able to obtain and maintain employment, financially supporting themselves and their children.

PRIDE is a permanent supportive housing program for women with a mental health or physical disability comprised of scattered site apartments throughout the community. Through this program, women leaving Benedictine Place who are in need of longer term support can continue to receive it while taking additional steps to become independent. These participants are still required to work toward self-sufficiency and financial independence.

A third program HEARTH at Benet Woods, is managed by our other non-profit, Benet Woods Housing Corporation. This program serves working families and individuals through an 11 unit development in Ross Township.

Visit our website or call us for full details on programs and how to apply.

Website: http://www.hearth-bp.org/

Did you find a problem with this listing? Please notify us of changes needed.

Helpful Definitions For Hearth Transitional Housing For Women:

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Supportive Housing Programs that provide an alternative living arrangement for individuals who, because of age, disability, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic homelessness or other circumstances, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in the activities of daily living; or who need access to case management, housing support, vocational, employment and other services to transition to independent living.

How To Volunteer at Hearth Transitional Housing For Women:

Be a volunteer. Call Hearth Transitional Housing For Women at (412) 366-9801 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:

ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Help Us Help You

Tell us what type of assistance you are looking for.

Help For Children and Single Mothers
Low Income Housing
Unemployment Benefits
Food Stamps Assistance
Medical Assistance
Dental Assistance

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call Hearth Transitional Housing For Women directly at: (412) 366-9801
Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Hearth Transitional Housing For Women, please provide it below.

Post Comment OR Correction

Email Address:


Answer Above Math Problem: