Meriden - Wallingford Chrysalis Meriden

Meriden, CT 06451

(203) 238-1501 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Transitional Housing

General Information:
Provides transitional housing for women and their children left homeless as a result of domestic violence. Minimum stay 6 months.; maximum stay 2 yrs. Eligibility: Domestic violence, homelessness; Income restriction; adults 18+ and dependents Fee: Sliding scale; Program fees based on 30% of income Other information:Ongoing residence in the TLP requires that the head of household be employed, registered for or currently attending a training or education program, or classified by the State of Connecticut Department of Social Services and/or the Social Security Administration as unable to work. Services: Transitional Housing/Shelter Site hours: Business Hours M-F: 11am-7pm; Domestic Violence Hotline 24 hr/7 days Fees may apply for this Transitional Housing resource. Contact MERIDEN - WALLINGFORD CHRYSALIS with the contact information we provided to get full details. Oftentimes you can apply for sliding scale fee payment or other options if you are low income. You will need to speak with them to see if you qualify.


Helpful Definitions For Meriden - Wallingford Chrysalis Meriden:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Meriden - Wallingford Chrysalis Meriden' directly at: (203) 238-1501

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Meriden - Wallingford Chrysalis Meriden, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...