Dent Transitional Program Cottondale

15769 Thomas Chapel Road
Cottondale, AL 35453

(205) 765-4591 Visit Website Go to Facebook
Class of Housing/Services: Transitional Housing

General Information:
Dent Transitional Program is a four step program designed to improve the quality of life of young men between the ages of 19-30. We provide them with food, clothes, shelter, life skills training, GED (if needed), and assistance with gaining independed living at no cost to the participant. There is an application process and criteria that have to be met. We also have a food pantry clothing closet, and a referral program that is offered to the general public at no cost. Fees may apply for this Transitional Housing resource. Contact Dent Transitional Program with the contact information we provided to get full details. Oftentimes you can apply for sliding scale fee payment or other options if you are low income. You will need to speak with them to see if you qualify.


Helpful Definitions For Dent Transitional Program Cottondale:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Dent Transitional Program Cottondale' directly at: (205) 765-4591

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Dent Transitional Program Cottondale, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...