Home » New York » New York

Greenhope Housing - Service for Women

414 East 119th Street
New York, NY 10035
(212) 722-5729

View a YouTube Video of Greenhope Housing - Service for Women below.

Class of Housing: Transitional Housing to residents,

General Information:

Approximately 85% of Greenhope Housing residents are referred from transitional housing organizations and New York City shelters. Fifteen percent of the units are inhabited by Greenhope: Services For Women, Inc. program graduates. Greenhope Housing residents arrive at our doors in need:
• 100% of the women and children have been homeless for an average of 2-3 years.

• Over 60% are fleeing from violent domestic partners.

• 40-45% have experienced physical and/or sexual childhood abuse.

• 60-70% do not have vocational skills or experience.

• 82% are illiterate and need remedial education.

Website: http://greenhope.org

Did you find a problem with this listing? Please notify us of changes needed.

Helpful Definitions For Greenhope Housing - Service for Women:

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call Greenhope Housing - Service for Women directly at: (212) 722-5729
Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Greenhope Housing - Service for Women, please provide it below.

Post Comment OR Correction

Email Address:


Answer Above Math Problem: