Home » Texas » Fort Worth

Fort Worth Transitional Center

600 North Henderson
Fort Worth, TX 76107
(817) 335-6053

Class of Housing: Halfway house

General Information:

Residential reentry center, also known as halfway house, to provide assistance to inmates who are nearing release. Residential reentry centers provide a safe, structured, supervised environment, as well as employment counseling, job placement, financial management assistance, and other programs and services. Residential reentry centers help inmates gradually rebuild their ties to the community and facilitate supervising ex-offenders' activities during this readjustment phase. An important component of the RRC program is transitional drug abuse treatment (TDAT) for inmates who have completed residential drug abuse program (RDAP) while confined in a BOP institution.

The Fort Worth Transitional Center is a 220 bed halfway house. The facility contracts with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for 200 halfway house offenders and the Texas Department of State Health Services. The Fort Worth Transitional Center provides employment readiness and placement, case management and reintegration programs to prepare for release into the community. The Fort Worth TC is not required to be ACA Accredited however the facility follows ACA Standards for Adult Community Residential Services.

Website: http://www.avaloncorrections.com/

Did you find a problem with this listing? Please notify us of changes needed.

Helpful Definitions For Fort Worth Transitional Center:

Halfway Housing helps transition individuals and families from shelters or homelessness to permanent housing. Length of stay is usually anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.  Residents are often required to pay at least 30% of their income toward program fees.  Sometimes the money they pay in fees is returned to them when they leave. Any emergency or homeless shelter that allows their clients to stay more then 6 months is also classified under this category.
Oftentimes halfway houses also assist in the treatment of substance abuse and/or alcohol and drug detox. Speak with the halfway house to see if this applies.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call Fort Worth Transitional Center directly at: (817) 335-6053
Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Fort Worth Transitional Center, please provide it below.

Post Comment OR Correction

Email Address:


Answer Above Math Problem: