Open Arms Shelter (for Men)

86 East Post Road
White Plains, NY 10601

914-948-5044 Go To Website
Class of Housing: Open Arms serves homeless, single adult males in need of temporary housing

General Information:
Open Arms Shelter provides emergency shelter for men in need. There is no maximum stay. Men are generally referred by DSS. The shelter consists of 38 beds.   Open Arms serves homeless, single adult males in need of temporary housing. 75% of our guests are referred through the Westchester Department of Social Services (DSS), while the remaining 25% are walk-ins “off the streets.” Many residents struggle with substance abuse or mental illness, HIV/AIDS, or have co-occurring disorders. Some are just out of prison on parole. he shelter provides much more than a bed, shower and meal—our guests receive support and encouragement to engage in substance abuse and mental health recovery programs or employment services—as each follows their own, unique path to a better life. Open Arms’ Staff includes case managers, client care workers and managers working as a team. Each resident is personally matched with a case worker, who works with them to develop an individualized program to best meet their needs. Our objective is to place residents in transitional or permanent housing, while moving them toward independent living and as quickly as possible.

Website: http://www.liftingupwestchester.org/open-arms-mens-shelter/

How To Volunteer at Open Arms Shelter (for Men):
Be a volunteer. Call Open Arms Shelter (for Men) at 914-948-5044 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:
ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.



Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Open Arms Shelter (for Men)' directly at: 914-948-5044

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Open Arms Shelter (for Men), please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...