Youth Service Bureau

1100 California Street
Eureka, CA 95501

7074438322 Go To Website
Class of Housing/Services: emergency shelter for youth 12 to 17 years old and transitional living program for 18 to 21.

General Information:
Offers emergency shelter for youth 12 to 17 years old and transitional living program for 18 to 21. Our House Crisis Shelter was established in 1991 as our community recognized a need to offer services to prevent youth from entering the Juvenile Justice and Child Welfare Systems. Youth who call Our House for shelter services may be experiencing homelessness, severe family conflict or fleeing from an unhealthy living situation. Our House Shelter is a temporary housing program (maximum stay of 21 days) with the goal of family reunification. The majority of all sheltered youth return to their parent or guardian’s home after a brief intervention by YSB. If re-entering the home is not a possibility, then we help explore the next best option.     Services:         24-hour per day supervision         Food, clothing, transportation         Crisis intervention and family mediation         Case management and aftercare services       Eligibility:         Youth are between the ages of 12 to 18 years old         Youth agrees to shelter         Youth is not actively drug or alcohol dependent         Youth is not violent or actively suicidal         Youth is not on formal probation       Entrance Procedures:         Call our 24-hour number (707) 444-CARE (2273)         The following will be assessed by the Hotline Worker:             Obtain voluntary consent             Suicide risk assessment             Substance use assessment             Assaultive behavior assessment             Criminal record check 24 HOUR HOTLINE (707) 444-CARE (2273)


How To Volunteer at Youth Service Bureau:
Be a volunteer. Call Youth Service Bureau at 7074438322 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Youth Service Bureau' directly at: 7074438322

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Youth Service Bureau, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...