Share House

P.O. Box 723
Douglasville, GA 30133

770-949-0626 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Family Violence Crisis Center

General Information:
    24 Hour Crisis Line: 770.489.7513     Staffed by trained advocates to provide immediate response to battered women in need.     Emergency Shelter     25 bed shelter available with 24 hour intake for battered and homeless women and children.     Transitional Program     A stepping stone for women to go from crisis to independant living. There are seven transitional housing units which will house up to 12 women and their children.     Case Management     Families are provided with comprehensive case management while in the program.     Children’s Program     Comprehensive services are provided to children and youth that come from violent homes. Public education regarding violence and its effect on children and youth, and presentations to high school students on dating and domestic violence at local high schools.     Domestic Violence Counseling     Through legal advocacy & TPO assistance, women are assisted in obtaining a Temporary Protective Order as soon as possible. Legal advocates are provided to escort and assist as needed for hearings and other legal matters.     Support Groups     Support groups are offered for battered women which include parenting classes and life skills classes. Through collaboration with agencies, required services for battered women and their children are available.     Emergency Food & Clothing     Community Education     Volunteer training is available for those wishing to volunteer with S.H.A.R.E. House, or learn more about Domestic Violence. Call 770.949.0626 for more information on how to help.


Helpful Definitions For Share House:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

How To Volunteer at Share House:
Be a volunteer. Call Share House at 770-949-0626 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Share House' directly at: 770-949-0626

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Share House, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...