Home » South Carolina » Greenville


254 S. Pleasantburg Dr
Greenville, SC 29607
(864) 527-8990

Class of Housing: Transitional Housing

General Information:

The WE CARE Transitional Housing Program provides services to homeless families and single adults residing in local emergency shelters. Housing units are located in Greenville and Pickens Counties.




Birth certificates

Social Security numbers

Driver's License or ID

Last pay stub or proof of income statement

Eviction papers (May be required for Pickens County applicants)

Other (Verification of homelessness by referral from Emergency Shelter)

What must a client do to be eligible for WE CARE?

All applicants must be homeless by HUD definitions.

Applicants from Greenville County must apply from a local emergency shelter, and must reside in the shelter from time of application submission until the day of WE CARE program entry. Pickens County applicants must provide an eviction notice and have an agency referral verifying homeless status.

Applicants must have a verifiable source of income (not including Food Stamps, Student Loans, or money from friends/family). Employment, unemployment insurance, child support, TANF (FI), SSI, SSDI, Veteran's Benefits, and Workman's Comp are all acceptable sources of income.

Applicants must be able to gain and/or maintain employment.

Applicants cannot have any felony charges or convictions within the past three (3) years.

Must be sober for a minimum of ninety days (90) at date of application.

Head of household must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. We do not serve unaccompanied youth.

Other deciding factors that may be used to determine eligibility: Extreme domestic violence situations are encouraged to seek services from agencies that specialize in DV. Our program is not designed to meet the safety needs of those dealing with dangerous DV offenders.


The services we provide:

Transitional Housing (furniture is provided in all units)

Intensive Case Management

Job/Education Training

Food Assistance



Psychological Counseling

Child Care

Drug/Alcohol Counseling

Life Skills/Budget Training


Website: http://www.sharesc.org/Programs/we_care.php

Did you find a problem with this listing? Please notify us of changes needed.

Helpful Definitions For WE CARE:

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call WE CARE directly at: (864) 527-8990
Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding WE CARE, please provide it below.

Post Comment OR Correction

Email Address:


Answer Above Math Problem: