Veterans Enrichment Center

1431 Avalon St
Klamath Falls, OR 97603

541 331 9975 Go To Website
Class of Housing: Transitional housing. Not free.

General Information:
Traditional housing for single males. Veterans get priority. Call for current rental rates. Rent includes water, garbage, gas, electric, cable and wifi. Why is money needed for rent? The Veterans Enrichment Center is a 501(c)3 Non-profit Organization that currently operates solely on donations.  Although we would enjoy nothing more than to provide a 100% free home or the Veterans to live in, we do not currently have the means to do so.  The annual cost to operate the Veterans Enrichment Center is $75,000, well above the amount that can continue to be paid from the pockets of the disabled Veterans who founded the home. As we continue to wait for the opening of a Federal Grant and the application process involved with doing so, we must charge a modest fee of $400 to cover the rent, cable, internet, computers, electricity, gas, phone, etc... Is the Veterans Enrichment Center a detox facility? Although we are a transitional home and a clean and sober living facility, we are not a detox facility, as we do not have the certifications to do so.  While we are unable to assist the Veterans with their detox needs, we are able to refer them to the correct organization that can provide them with assistance with their rehabilitation needs.  Upon the completion of a separate inpatient substance abuse program, the Veterans can then be housed at the Veterans Enrichment Center. What does "transitional" mean? The Veterans Enrichment Center approach towards transitional housing is to provide a temporary home for the Veteran population, including the working and/or student homeless, who are in need of a clean, safe and sober living environment while upgrading their skills and abilities to become productive members of society.  We work with the local community to address each individual Veteran's needs to assure that they are transitions in a timely manner. How will Veterans Enrichment Center apply for Federal funding, and what will they do upon receiving them? Once the Federal Grant (Grant Per Diem) has been finalized and approved, the Veterans Enrichment Center will then lower the Veterans' rent from $400 per month to $250 per month.  $150 per month will be used to cover the costs associated with the daily operations of the house and $100 will be used as a savings for the Veterans.  The Veteran will then be able to receive 100% of their savings upon transitioning back into the community. Additionally, we can house 20% non-veteran residents. The rent for non-Veterans is $450 per month. There are also future plans to house female Veterans in a similar fashion as the male facility. We will also work with our community partners to provide classes for our Veterans.  For example: Computer classes     Workshops     Hygiene classes, etc.


Helpful Definitions For Veterans Enrichment Center :

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Drug And Alcohol Rehab programs are intended to treat alcohol and/or drug dependency.  The cost of participating in one of these programs and the method of treatment range significantly. The database operated on this website only includes residential rehab programs (not outpatient programs). We also provide Access to Recovery (ATR) Grant programs for substance abuse treatment. 

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Veterans Enrichment Center ' directly at: 541 331 9975

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Veterans Enrichment Center , please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...