Rs Eden

1931 West Broadway
Minneapolis, MN 55411

612-287-1600 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Supportive housing, Transitional housing.

General Information:
Supportive housing, Transitional housing. RS EDEN serves a diverse base of children and adults. Many clients are from neighborhoods where RS EDEN operates its programs, with the majority coming from low-income families. A substantial number are court referred. Some 70% are of races other than white; most are African American. The majority of adult clients has been abusing drugs for over a decade and/or has been in and out of various correctional institutions. Most have had one or more children by the age of 17 and have had at least one unsuccessful drug treatment experience.


Helpful Definitions For Rs Eden:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Supportive Housing Programs that provide an alternative living arrangement for individuals who, because of age, disability, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic homelessness or other circumstances, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in the activities of daily living; or who need access to case management, housing support, vocational, employment and other services to transition to independent living.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Rs Eden' directly at: 612-287-1600

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Rs Eden, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...