Barren River Area Safe Space

2131 Old Louisville Rd
Bowling Green, KY 42102

(270) 781-9334 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Domestic violence shelter

General Information:
24 hour crisis line: 270-843-1183    The Barren River Area Safe Space, Inc. is a regional domestic violence 26-bed shelter and program, founded in 1980 by a group of seven Warren County Citizens, to serve the community’s need to provide emergency shelter and support services to victims of domestic  violence and their children.  The Barren River Area Safe Space, Inc. is accredited by the Kentucky Domestic Violence Association, and was one of the first six Kentucky domestic violence shelters to form the Kentucky Domestic Violence Association.  The agency provides services to residents of the ten county Barren River Area Development District, and serves a large rural population.  Counties of service include Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, Simpson and Warren.  BRASS, Inc. also accepts referrals from across the state and nation.     Program services include:     Emergency shelter     Crisis intervention     Two 24-hour crisis lines     Comprehensive children’s services     Case management     Individual and group support counseling     Mental health counseling     Homeless and housing advocacy     Immigration and language advocacy     Legal advocacy     Agency advocacy     Medical advocacy     Referrals     Emergency financial assistance     USDA approved food pantry     Federal feeding program     Permanent Housing     Financial literacy/economic justice program     Rural Individual Development Account     Income Tax Preparation     Homeownership program     Community awareness program     Public education programs     Professional trainings


How To Volunteer at Barren River Area Safe Space:
Be a volunteer. Call Barren River Area Safe Space at (270) 781-9334 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Barren River Area Safe Space' directly at: (270) 781-9334

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Barren River Area Safe Space, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...