Transitional Food And Shelter Inc.

3770 North River Road
Paso Robles, CA 93446

(805) 468-4113 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: temporary emergency shelter for medically fragile homeless persons in San Luis Obispo County

General Information:
Transitional Food and Shelter (TFS) provides temporary emergency shelter for medically fragile homeless persons in San Luis Obispo County who are not able to stay in local overnight shelters due to a verified medical condition which requires 24 hour shelter.  Our shelter program is one component of such a person’s path to recuperation from illness or injury while they pursue all available options for permanent housing.  TFS also provides shelter to persons who have entered a hospice care program where the objective of the program is to support a quality end of life plan.  Persons may be admitted to the TFS shelter program only when they are actively working with a local social agency or hospital caseworker who provides a referral for their client to the TFS housing coordinator and when shelter is available.  TFS available shelter consists of local motel rooms for short term client stays of 28 days or less and leased apartments for mid and long term stays of 1-12 months.  TFS does not provide any medical care to persons in TFS shelter as part of the temporary emergency shelter program.  Therefore, persons admitted to this shelter program must work with a local agency caseworker throughout the entirety of their stay in the TFS shelter program.  TFS serves its mid and long term clients with access to a recovery coach who will assist clients in improving their housing situation upon exit from the TFS transitional housing.   To begin the referral process for a person in need, please call our housing intake line and leave a brief description of the circumstances for the referral - phone: 805-468-4113.  The voice message you leave will be sent to our housing comittee for review.  Please also, download, review and complete the following documents with the person in need and send those completed documents for via fax to 805.221.6925.  Note that the verification of medical need must be completd by a medical professional.


Helpful Definitions For Transitional Food And Shelter Inc.:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

How To Volunteer at Transitional Food And Shelter Inc.:
Be a volunteer. Call Transitional Food And Shelter Inc. at (805) 468-4113 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Transitional Food And Shelter Inc.' directly at: (805) 468-4113

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Transitional Food And Shelter Inc., please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...