Merced County Human Services Agency

2115 West Wardrobe Avenue
Merced, CA 95340

(209) 385-3000 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Homeless Assistance, Permanent Housing, Temporary Housing

General Information:
Homeless Assistance Eligibility Requirements At times, families in Merced County may be facing housing uncertainty. For families who are CalWORKs eligible, there may be homeless assistance available. Homeless assistance does have income or resource limits. There is a once in a lifetime limit for both programs with a few exceptions, including natural disasters and domestic violence. There are two types of programs available including temporary and permanent housing assistance. Temporary Housing Temporary Homeless Assistance provides shelter for a maximum of 16 continuous days for families without a place to stay. The payment is provided to one of several pre-selected housing suppliers. During the temporary period, families should be looking for permanent housing. Permanent Housing Once permanent housing is found, families can receive assistance with a security deposit and other necessary deposits / fees in order to move in. Rent on the permanent housing cannot be more than 80 percent of the maximum CalWORKs aid payment that the household is eligible for. Visit our office for more details.


How To Volunteer at Merced County Human Services Agency:
Be a volunteer. Call Merced County Human Services Agency at (209) 385-3000 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Merced County Human Services Agency' directly at: (209) 385-3000

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Merced County Human Services Agency, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...