Little House - Transitional Housing For Women

9718 Harvard St
Bellflower, CA 90706

Class of Housing/Services: transitional housing and support services to alcohol and drug addicted women and their children.

General Information:
Provides transitional housing and support services to alcohol and drug addicted women and their children. It began in 1952 as a refuge for women suffering from alcoholism.  A tiny two-bedroom apartment with a couple of couches, two single beds and a stove provided help, and hope.  Today, Little House continues to make a big difference in the lives of women struggling with drugs and alcohol, abusive relationships, or homelessness.  But the little house also needs a little TLC in the form of repairs and landscaping. Thanks to generous donations from residents and businesses throughout the region, the facility will undergo a major makeover this month, culminating with a ribbon-cutting on November 11th.  Volunteers are needed to help with repairs, and contributions are being sought to complete the job.  Donations to help with meals for the volunteer workers, as well as grass sod and paint, are especially needed. The following donors are participating in the project:  Harvest Landscape, John Deer Landscaping, Utica, Hunter, Vista, and the County of Los Angeles.  Little House, a non-profit organization, is located at 9718 Harvard Street in Bellflower.  If you’d like to volunteer or donate materials, call (562) 925-2777 or (562) 552-0830.

Helpful Definitions For Little House - Transitional Housing For Women:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Little House - Transitional Housing For Women' directly at: (562)925-2777

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Little House - Transitional Housing For Women, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...