Neighborhood House For Women and Children

506 E. 4th Street
Calexico, CA 92231

(760) 357-6875 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Emergency shelter and Transitional housing for women and children.

General Information:
Emergency shelter and Transitional housing for women and children. The Emergency Assistance project provides assistance to low income individuals and families in the following areas: Emergency Food Food Commodities Utility Assistance – gas, water and electicity Rental Assistance Motel Vouchers Casa Villanueva is an emergency shelter for homeless women and children. By providing clients with room, food, clothing and intensive case management, Casa Villanueva strives to give homeless women and children the opportunity to become self sufficient and contributing members of our community. The program has been designed to support each resident’s unique needs. Residents are assisted in a home like environment with the ultimate goals of securing permanent housing, becoming self-sufficient and increasing their self-esteem. Casa Villanueva Shelter is supported by funds from community donations, the United Methodist Women and the Emergency Food and Shelter Program Transitional Housing Neighborhood House (NH) Transitional Housing is a safe place for homeless women & children. Women and children may stay for an extended period in NH Transitional Housing while participating in a comprehensive program. The Program includes counseling, support group, case management, assistance with food and clothing and referrals and advocacy with community services. Admission is based on the availability of space and a detailed interview by NH staff. Rules for acceptance and participation in the program are the same for everyone without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or disability (providing program requirements and funding guidelines are met.).


Helpful Definitions For Neighborhood House For Women and Children:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Neighborhood House For Women and Children' directly at: (760) 357-6875

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Neighborhood House For Women and Children, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...