Ruth's House Women's Halfway House

P.O. Box 813
Faribault, MN 55021

Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Halfway house for women.

General Information:
Halfway house for women. Many Ruth’s House residents have been homeless, and/or they may be in recovery from violence, addiction, health challenges and other issues. Eight family bedrooms available Share the living areas of the house The maximum stay is up to 24 months Programming offered to enhance individual self sufficiency. Ruth’s House of Hope, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded in Faribault, Minnesota in 2003. Ruth’s House manages a nine-unit shelter and transitional housing facility, along with seven off-site permanent housing units, for women and children in transition. Ruth’s House provides affordable housing in a safe, supportive and healing environment to help women and families on their way to a new beginning.  Primarily Ruth’s House serves women in the Rice County area, but we have served individuals from across Minnesota and beyond.


Helpful Definitions For Ruth's House Women's Halfway House:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Halfway Housing helps transition individuals and families from shelters or homelessness to permanent housing. Length of stay is usually anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.  Residents are often required to pay at least 30% of their income toward program fees.  Sometimes the money they pay in fees is returned to them when they leave. Any emergency or homeless shelter that allows their clients to stay more then 6 months is also classified under this category.
Oftentimes halfway houses also assist in the treatment of substance abuse and/or alcohol and drug detox. Speak with the halfway house to see if this applies.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Ruth's House Women's Halfway House' directly at:

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Ruth's House Women's Halfway House, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...