Women's Center of Beaver County

P.O. Box 428
Beaver, PA 15009

(724) 775-0131 Go To Website
Class of Housing/Services: Emergency shelter - priority to domestic violence victims.

General Information:
Emergency shelter - priority to domestic violence victims. Many services are provided. Visit the Women's Center website for full details. Here are some of their services: Emergency Shelter - 24 hour domestic violence shelter - Safe space - Case management - Counseling - Support groups - Advocacy for Housing, financial, and mental health concerns - Food, clothing, bus passes - Follow-up program Temporary refuge for women and their children seeking safety from domestic and sexual violence.  Caring, supportive staff available 365 days a year. 24 hour domestic violence shelter. Individuals residing in the shelter are provided with all of the basic necessities and have access to the full range of Women's Center services. Transitional Housing Individual long-term housing - Case Management - Counseling and support groups - Advocacy This program is open to victims of domestic or sexual violence who are clients of the Women's Center and who need long term temporary housing support (up to one year) while they work toward goals that will enable them to achieve economic independence and secure affordable housing.  Three apartments are available.  Various supportive services are provided by program staff.

Website: http://www.womenscenterbc.org

Helpful Definitions For Women's Center of Beaver County:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

How To Volunteer at Women's Center of Beaver County:
Be a volunteer. Call Women's Center of Beaver County at (724) 775-0131 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:
ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Women's Center of Beaver County' directly at: (724) 775-0131

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Women's Center of Beaver County, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...