Ocean County Department Board Of Social Services

1027 Hooper Ave
Toms River, NJ 08753

(732) 349-1500 ocbss@xbp.dhs.state.nj.us
Class of Housing/Services: Homeless Services, Relocation Services

General Information:
The Ocean County Board of Social Services provides: Homeless Services: The board administers a number of time-limited programs to aid persons who are homeless or in danger of becoming homeless. Board provides emergency temporary housing. Help may be available from the agency through a variety of grants and funding streams whether or not persons are receiving public assistance and in some cases may provide payment of up to two months’ back rent or mortgage to prevent eviction or foreclosure. A small number of rent subsidy slots mmay be available to certain households. Other services such as food, clothing, mediations, and transportation are also provided. All cases are screened and referred to all other resources. The program is available on a 24-hour basis through the existing Special Response Program. Funding is limited so assistance is not always available. Housing and Relocation Assistance: This helps persons forced to vacate housing due to code enforcement by providing moving expenses, emergency shelter, and/or rental assistance payments or down payments on the purchase of a home. Board does the eligibility determination for the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs and those municipalities within Ocean County with whom the agency has a contract.    

How To Volunteer at Ocean County Department Board Of Social Services:
Be a volunteer. Call Ocean County Department Board Of Social Services at (732) 349-1500 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:
ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Ocean County Department Board Of Social Services' directly at: (732) 349-1500

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Ocean County Department Board Of Social Services, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...