Home » District Of Columbia » Washington

Washington Halfway House For Women

1819 H Street N.W. 300
Washington, DC 20006
(202) 847-7294

Class of Housing: Halfway house for women

General Information:

Non profit Washington DC halfway house for women. Provides transitional housing, for offenders and ex offenders. Substance abuse assistance and treatment.

Did you find a problem with this listing? Please notify us of changes needed.

Helpful Definitions For Washington Halfway House For Women:

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Halfway Housing helps transition individuals and families from shelters or homelessness to permanent housing. Length of stay is usually anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.  Residents are often required to pay at least 30% of their income toward program fees.  Sometimes the money they pay in fees is returned to them when they leave. Any emergency or homeless shelter that allows their clients to stay more then 6 months is also classified under this category.
Oftentimes halfway houses also assist in the treatment of substance abuse and/or alcohol and drug detox. Speak with the halfway house to see if this applies.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call Washington Halfway House For Women directly at: (202) 847-7294
Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Washington Halfway House For Women, please provide it below.

Post Comment OR Correction

Email Address:


Answer Above Math Problem: