Mid Iowa Regional Housing Authority Fort Dodge

1605 First Ave N. - #1
Fort Dodge, IA 50501

(515)573-7751 mirha@frontiernet.net
Class of Housing/Services: Housing Authority, Low Income Affordable Housing, Public Housing

General Information:
We recommend you call your local housing authority for low cost and affordable housing options along with finding area resources for affordable housing options and locations for area shelters in their area. Housing authorities provide decent and affordable housing in a safe and secure living environment for low and moderate income residents. Oftentimes they provide section 8 housing choice vouchers for those that qualify for low income housing. Most every housing authority that provides vouchers currently has multi year waiting lists. Housing authorities also provide low income public housing options that also often have multi year waiting lists. Housing authorities also provide low cost apartments for seniors, handicapped persons, single mothers with children, and homeless. Transitional Housing The Fort Dodge Housing Agency Transitional Housing program will serve families or individuals requiring peer support, case management, and life skills training to transition into the community following a homeless experience. Transitional housing plus supportive services will provide residential living for up to 24 months and bridges the gap between temporary shelter and permanent housing. A variety of supportive services will be offered, including, but not limited to, assistance in locating transportation, counseling and therapy, licensed child care, parenting and nutrition classes, job skills training, education and employment assistance and the RentWise and the Money Smart course.

Helpful Definitions For Mid Iowa Regional Housing Authority Fort Dodge:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Mid Iowa Regional Housing Authority Fort Dodge' directly at: (515)573-7751

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Mid Iowa Regional Housing Authority Fort Dodge, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...