Housing And Economic Resources For Women

1035-1037 Dwight St.
Holyoke, MA 01041

(413) 534-5083
Class of Housing/Services: Housing assistance for women.

General Information:
Housing assistance for women. HER is aimed at increasing the availability of and access to housing and economic resources for all women, especially those who have been denied equal opportunities because of economic, social, racial and cultural barriers. HER believes that it is vital for women to have a community forum of their own through which they can become vocal and visible in housing and economic development so as to have the opportunity to determine the future of their own lives. We would like to invite members of the facets of the community of women to join us in accomplishing the goals of the agenda. HER, Inc owns an apartment building in Holyoke that includes a transitional housing for homeless teen mothers and a rooming house in Northampton.

Helpful Definitions For Housing And Economic Resources For Women:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Rooming House or Boarding House A rooming house is a building in which renters occupy single rooms and share kitchens, bathrooms, and common areas. The location may be a converted single family home, a converted hotel, or a purpose built structure. Rooming houses may have as few as three rooms for rent, or more than a hundred. The same goes for boarding houses. We list these types of residences throughout ShelterListings.org.

How To Volunteer at Housing And Economic Resources For Women:
Be a volunteer. Call Housing And Economic Resources For Women at (413) 534-5083 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:
ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Housing And Economic Resources For Women' directly at: (413) 534-5083

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Housing And Economic Resources For Women, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...