Broderick House - Halfway House For Families

56 Cabot St
Holyoke, MA 01040

(413) 534-7610
Class of Housing/Services: Halfway House. Transitional housing site for homeless intact families with children.

General Information:
Halfway House. Transitional housing site for homeless intact families with children. Up to 14 families are housed at this 37 room multi-service facility.  The goal of the program is to lift homeless families out of their marginal existence and into safe, affordable housing.  We provide not only the basic food and accommodations in a comfortable atmosphere, bust also life-training skills, counseling, and most importantly, assistance in finding safe and affordable housing. Two rooms have been set aside as community rooms to help those in immediate need (ie. fire victims). The program is partially funded by the Dept. of Transitional Assistance. The first floor of the building includes a kitchen, pantry, dining room, living room, and various office space.  The second floor is mainly bedroom/bathrooms with a playroom, and the third floor has another kitchen, dining area, play area, and numerous bedrooms/bathrooms.  Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-4pm Services provided: 20 units of low income sober living shared common areas with own rooms. Applications for permanent living available at main office; must apply to see if eligible. Must have 6 months sobriety to apply and 9 months to move in must show ability to pay rent, vouchers welcome

Helpful Definitions For Broderick House - Halfway House For Families:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Halfway Housing helps transition individuals and families from shelters or homelessness to permanent housing. Length of stay is usually anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.  Residents are often required to pay at least 30% of their income toward program fees.  Sometimes the money they pay in fees is returned to them when they leave. Any emergency or homeless shelter that allows their clients to stay more then 6 months is also classified under this category.
Oftentimes halfway houses also assist in the treatment of substance abuse and/or alcohol and drug detox. Speak with the halfway house to see if this applies.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Broderick House - Halfway House For Families' directly at: (413) 534-7610

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Broderick House - Halfway House For Families, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...