Grand Valley Catholic Outreach Grand Junction

245 S. 1st. Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501

970-241-3658 Go To Website
Class of Housing/Services: Transitional Housing

General Information:
Transitional Supportive Housing offers individuals and families the opportunity to end homelessness through cooperative living, counseling, and training. Residents, working with a case manager, must have gainful employment or enter a work skills program through the Workforce Center. Residents pay no more than 30% of income during their 12 to 24 month stay after which they are in a position to provide for their own permanent housing. An interview is required to gain entrance into this program. Fees may apply for this Transitional Housing resource. Contact Grand Valley Catholic Outreach with the contact information we provided to get full details. Oftentimes you can apply for sliding scale fee payment or other options if you are low income. You will need to speak with them to see if you qualify.


Helpful Definitions For Grand Valley Catholic Outreach Grand Junction:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Supportive Housing Programs that provide an alternative living arrangement for individuals who, because of age, disability, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic homelessness or other circumstances, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in the activities of daily living; or who need access to case management, housing support, vocational, employment and other services to transition to independent living.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Grand Valley Catholic Outreach Grand Junction' directly at: 970-241-3658

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Grand Valley Catholic Outreach Grand Junction, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...