The Salvation Army Linwood Center Supportive Housing Program Kansas City

101 West Linwood Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64111

Class of Housing/Services: Transitional Housing

General Information:
Eligibility requirements: Applicants must meet the HUD definition of homeless and be able to secure written documentation stating such; must be at least 18 years of age and have a need for long-tem transitional housing with support services; be motivated to work on family/individual development and the determination to fully participate in required program activities; Applicants with a substance abuse history are required to have been free from substances for at least 30 days and have completed at least a 30 day treatment program prior to admittance Service Description: Long term transitional housing and case management for homeless individuals. (Mission: to increase opportunities for homeless families and single women to be successful in achieving goals that empower them to become self-sufficient, self-confident and able to secure permanent housing.) Fees may apply for this Transitional Housing resource. Contact The Salvation Army Linwood Center Supportive Housing Program with the contact information we provided to get full details. Oftentimes you can apply for sliding scale fee payment or other options if you are low income. You will need to speak with them to see if you qualify.

Helpful Definitions For The Salvation Army Linwood Center Supportive Housing Program Kansas City:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Supportive Housing Programs that provide an alternative living arrangement for individuals who, because of age, disability, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic homelessness or other circumstances, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in the activities of daily living; or who need access to case management, housing support, vocational, employment and other services to transition to independent living.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'The Salvation Army Linwood Center Supportive Housing Program Kansas City' directly at: 816-756-2769

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding The Salvation Army Linwood Center Supportive Housing Program Kansas City, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...