Vincent Village Fort Wayne Family Transitional Housing Fort Wayne

2827 Holton Avenue
Fort Wayne, IN 46806

260-456-4172 Go To Website
Class of Housing: Transitional Housing

General Information:
Vincent House Transitional Shelter for homeless families with children is the second step in a continuum of care designed to move families from homelessness to permanent housing and employment. Homeless families are referred to the program from emergency shelters including the Interfaith Hospitality Network and the YWCA Shelter for Victims of Violence. First Call for Help, Easter Seals/ARC, Healthy Families, the Rescue Mission, hospitals, churches and other social service organizations also refer homeless families with children to Vincent House Transitional Shelter. Vincent House is the only transitional shelter in Allen County serving two-parent families and single-male headed families without requiring the families to split up in order to access transitional shelter.  There are no restrictions on family size or type or ages of children. Acceptance into the program is dependent on available space. The Vincent House Transitional Shelter program moves families to higher levels of self-sufficiency through intensive, individualized case management. Fees may apply for this Transitional Housing resource. Contact Vincent Village Fort Wayne Family Transitional Housing with the contact information we provided to get full details. Oftentimes you can apply for sliding scale fee payment or other options if you are low income. You will need to speak with them to see if you qualify.


Helpful Definitions For Vincent Village Fort Wayne Family Transitional Housing Fort Wayne:

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Vincent Village Fort Wayne Family Transitional Housing Fort Wayne' directly at: 260-456-4172

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Vincent Village Fort Wayne Family Transitional Housing Fort Wayne, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...