275 Pryor Rd. SW
Atlanta, GA 30303

(404) 215-6600 Visit Website Donate Go to Facebook
Class of Housing/Services: Transitional Housing for male veterans

General Information:
Gateway Center Transitional Housing Program - Fulton County Georgia.The Homeless Veteran's Transitional Housing Program for Men is a maximum 2-year program housed on the 4th floor of the Gateway Center and supported in collaboration with the United States Department of Veterans Affairs. -  Most participants complete the program in approximately 9 months. -  Program has 46 beds for homeless male veterans with chemical addictions and/or mental health issues. -  Admission to the program is through Atlanta’s Homeless Veterans Program. Fees may apply for this Transitional Housing resource. Contact HOMELESS VETERAN's TRANSITIONAL HOUSING PROGRAM FOR MEN with the contact information we provided to get full details. Oftentimes you can apply for sliding scale fee payment or other options if you are low income. You will need to speak with them to see if you qualify.


Helpful Definitions For Gateway :
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Gateway ' directly at: (404) 215-6600

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Gateway , please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...