Saint Francis House Veterans Re-entry Little Rock

2701 South Elm Street
Little Rock, AR 72204

(501) 664-5036
Class of Housing/Services: Transitional Housing

General Information:
Services offered:The Veterans Re-Entry Program provides transitional housing for homeless veterans having difficulties re-entering society because of post-traumatic stress syndrome or substance abuse or other problems. Funded under a contract with the Veterans Administration, and located at St. Francis Houses's Elm Street location, the program provides a therapeutic setting for homeless veterans, including the services of counseling, transitional housing, meals, laundry and activities. Able veterans are required to seek full time employment. Assistance with employment is provided by a Veterans Administrations employee. Those unable to work are assisted with securing other types of income, such as VA pension or disability. All residents are required to save 75% of their income to secure permanent housing. Once their savings are sufficient, they are assisted in finding housing. Outside activities are provided for the veterans, including bowling, movies or going out to eat, and "game nights" are organized periodically. Intake:Contact: Darlene Bourgeois. Call for appointment. Call for information. Walk in to apply. Fees:No fee for service. Hours:8:30am to 5:00pm, Mon. - Fri. Service area:Pulaski county. Fees may apply for this Transitional Housing resource. Contact SAINT FRANCIS HOUSE Veterans Re-Entry with the contact information we provided to get full details. Oftentimes you can apply for sliding scale fee payment or other options if you are low income. You will need to speak with them to see if you qualify.

Helpful Definitions For Saint Francis House Veterans Re-entry Little Rock:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Saint Francis House Veterans Re-entry Little Rock' directly at: (501) 664-5036

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Saint Francis House Veterans Re-entry Little Rock, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...