Pottawattamie County Homeless Link Council Bluffs

1435 North 45th St
Council Bluffs, NE 51503

Class of Housing/Services: Transitional Housing

General Information:
Service Details for Transitional Housing/Shelter: Information Eligibility: Homeless (eviction, shut off notice, living on streets or in shelters) Intake Procedure: Call for an appointment, agency referral Service Description: HOMELESS SERVICES INCLUDE: Assistance with applications, forms, and application for eligible services Transportation to medical, legal, counseling and shelter services when no other form of transportation is available Mental Health Counseling Chemical Dependency and Addictions Treatment (including Alcohol, Chemical Dependency and Compulsive Gambling) Continued supportive services for up to six months after permanent housing is obtained MICAH HOUSE SERVICES INCLUDE: Emergency shelter to families, and parents with children Channel food resources to pantries in the area Clothing pantry LEGAL AID OF IOWA SERVICES INCLUDE: Legal assistance to homeless survivors of domestic abuse Landlord/tenant disputes Legal assistance for SSI and SSDI MESSENGERS OF HOPE MINISTRIES SERVICES INCLUDES: Hot meals served every evening from 5pm-6:30pm, 365 days per year Food Pantry Clothing Closet Nursing Services (Wednesday evenings) TRANSITIONAL HOUSING is available - Transitions - for single, adults or families FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE may be available to homeless individuals to help with housing, education, employment, medical care, and transportation Fees may apply for this Transitional Housing resource. Contact Pottawattamie County Homeless Link with the contact information we provided to get full details. Oftentimes you can apply for sliding scale fee payment or other options if you are low income. You will need to speak with them to see if you qualify.

Helpful Definitions For Pottawattamie County Homeless Link Council Bluffs:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Pottawattamie County Homeless Link Council Bluffs' directly at: 712-309-0016

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Pottawattamie County Homeless Link Council Bluffs, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...