Central Nebraska Community Services - Central City

715 16th St
Central City, NE 68826

308-946-3794 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Transitional Housing and other programs for housing assistance.

General Information:
Service Description: THRIVES (Transitional Housing for Rural Independence, Viability and Economic Stability) provides transitional housing for individuals and families for up to 24 months Fees may apply for this Transitional Housing resource. Contact Central Nebraska Community Services - Central City with the contact information we provided to get full details. Oftentimes you can apply for sliding scale fee payment or other options if you are low income. You will need to speak with them to see if you qualify.   Housing Choice Voucher Program This program provides rent subsidy assistance through the issuance of vouchers to individuals and families. Income guidelines must be met and the landlord must be willing to participate in the program.  Currently there are 47 entities that form the Central Nebraska Joint Housing Authority (CNJHA) Family Self Sufficiency Program (FSS) This case management program supplies support services to Housing choice voucher clients. FSS assists clients with long-term goals to overcome barriers and achieve economic self-sufficiency. CNCAP Affordable  Housing The Housing Department manages rental units in Loup City, Central City, Ainsworth, Greeley, O’Neill, Cairo, Alda and Bassett.  Income guidelines are attached to the rental units, plus the applicant must provide landlord and utility references and show ability to pay rent. Contact Person: Judy Hughes, Housing Director

Website: http://www.centralnebraskacap.com

Helpful Definitions For Central Nebraska Community Services - Central City:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Central Nebraska Community Services - Central City' directly at: 308-946-3794

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Central Nebraska Community Services - Central City, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...