Clackamas Women's Services Oregon City

Not Disclosed
Oregon City, OR 97045

503-722-2366 Go To Website
Class of Housing: Transitional Housing

General Information:
Crisis: 503-654-2288 or toll free 888-654-2288 (open 24 hours a day) Office 503-722-2366 Incorporated in 1985 as Clackamas County's only shelter for women And children escaping family violence, CWS has safely harbored over 7,000 women And children within the walls of our two shelters. Each night thirty-two women And children call these shelters "home" as they regain control of their lives and plan for their futures. In addition to emergency shelter, CWS has responded to over 70,000 crisis calls in the last 16 years. This hotline is staffed by trained volunteers And CWS personnel who provide support, information on restraining orders, other resources, and just listen when someone needs to talk. Clackamas Women's Services offers women And children more than a safe place to sleep. CWS provides broken families with long-term emotional and financial support, and transitional housing to ensure their successful journey from crisis to stability. Fees may apply for this Transitional Housing resource. Contact Clackamas Women's Services with the contact information we provided to get full details. Oftentimes you can apply for sliding scale fee payment or other options if you are low income. You will need to speak with them to see if you qualify.


Helpful Definitions For Clackamas Women's Services Oregon City:

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Clackamas Women's Services Oregon City' directly at: 503-722-2366

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Clackamas Women's Services Oregon City, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...