Kinard Manor Greenwood

949 S. Main St
Greenwood, SC 29646

(864) 229-0074 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Transitional Housing

General Information:
We are a ten bed transitional housing facility for male veterans. No direct intakes allowed. All veterans are placed with us through the VA under the Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) program. Contact us or any VA hospital or clinic for more information about the program. All support for the veteran is free until they find employment.More Information: Lutheran Family Services in the Carolinas operates Kinard Manor inpartnership with the Department of Veteran Affairs. Kinard Manor openedits doors in November 2007. Since that time we've served 38 veteransand have had 11 program graduates. Our program provides shelter, food,life skills training, and job hunting, all geared towards reintegratingthe veteran back into the community. Veterans are placed in KinardManor by the VA. We are not allowed to do a direct (walk-in)intake,although we can provide transportation to the VA hospital for thepurpose of getting enrolled in the VA's Health Care for Homeless Veteranprogram. The VA has program requirements: The veteran must behomeless. Also, the veteran must be documented as having (or have had)an addiction problem or mental problem. Once in the program, allmedical needs for the veteran are handled by the VA. Although theaverage stay at Kinard Manor has been six months, the HCHV program doesallow exceptions for up to two years. Fees may apply for this Transitional Housing resource. Contact Kinard Manor with the contact information we provided to get full details. Oftentimes you can apply for sliding scale fee payment or other options if you are low income. You will need to speak with them to see if you qualify.


Helpful Definitions For Kinard Manor Greenwood:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Kinard Manor Greenwood' directly at: (864) 229-0074

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Kinard Manor Greenwood, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...