Bethesda House Bethesda

4848 Cordell Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814

(301) 907-9597 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Transitional Housing for men

General Information:
Transitional housing program serves men over the age of 18 living in Montgomery County who struggle with chronic mental illness. The program focuses on finding permanent housing, securing an income and managing mental health, addiction, legal or health issues. Services Bethesda House serves adult men suffering with chronic mental illness by meeting 24-hour housing needs and offering case management services helping to secure permanent disability income for residents. Intake: Enrollment in Bethesda House is made through referrals only by a case manager, social worker, psychiatrist, nurse or substance abuse counselor. All applicants must be male, 18 years of age or older living in Montgomery County, and must be struggling with chronic mental illness. For intake, please call (301) 907-9597.


Helpful Definitions For Bethesda House Bethesda:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Bethesda House Bethesda' directly at: (301) 907-9597

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Bethesda House Bethesda, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...