Ain Dah Yung Center St Paul

1089 Portland Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55104

(651) 227-4184 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Emergency Shelter

General Information:
Emergency Shelter The first American Indian school in St. Paul over twenty-seven years ago recognized that many of its students were homeless or in homes that were affecting their ability to attend school and succeed. Children and youth were often focused on survival and meeting basic needs. The majority of homeless children and youth were and continue to be American Indian. Out of these realities and the hard work of many early American Indian leaders and the generosity of funding partners, the Ain Dah Yung Center was born in 1983. The Ain Dah Yung Center led the way as the first agency to provide any form of culturally relevant focused services to any group. The Ain Dah Yung Center’s Emergency Shelter and empowering culturally relevant programs immediately proved to be much more utilized and effective than mainstream services for American Indian families. The Emergency Shelter established its own 501c3 non-profit status in 1991. The Emergency Shelter provides culturally specific emergency shelter to American Indian youth who are homeless, runaway, in a family crisis, or involved with juvenile corrections. Services include: emergency and short-term shelter, crisis intervention, case and systems advocacy, information and referrals, access to medical/dental care, counseling, case management and community education. For referral information please contact Tierre Thompson, Shelter Case Manager. P: 651.227.4184 ext. 13 F: 651.224.5136


How To Volunteer at Ain Dah Yung Center St Paul:
Be a volunteer. Call Ain Dah Yung Center St Paul at (651) 227-4184 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Ain Dah Yung Center St Paul' directly at: (651) 227-4184

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Ain Dah Yung Center St Paul, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...