Housing Crisis Center Dallas

4210 Junius St.
Dallas, TX 75246

(214)828-4244 Go To Website
Class of Housing/Services: Long Term Transitional Housing, Homeless Assistance, permanent supportive housing

General Information:
If you are homeless (living in a shelter, on the streets, in a vehicle, or in a place unfit for human occupation), please call 214.828.4244 and you will be directed to the appropriate housing program at HCC, or referred to another, more applicable agency for your situation. Other programs Long Term Transitional Housing Individuals and families who are homeless can be in the transitional housing program for up to 24 months if continuous progress is being made toward their goals. During that time they receive rent and utilities to live in apartments in the community as well as intensive case management services needed to acquire skills to become employed and self-sufficient. Veterans Housing Partnership Permanent supportive housing with intensive case management for homeless, disabled veterans and their families. Veterans receive support services at the VA Medical Center, on-site at their apartment complex, and at various locations in the community.  Veterans must have a relationship with the VA to qualify for this program. Permanent Housing Services Permanent supportive housing with intensive case management for chronically homeless individuals, primarily veterans.  This program does not serve families. ACE (All Citizens Empowered) ACE is a permanent supportive housing program for families and individuals.  All head-of-households must have a disabling mental condition such as schizophrenia and also have an addiction to substances.  Individuals must be chronically homeless.  Half of the clients in this program are veterans.

Website: http://www.hccdallas.org/

Helpful Definitions For Housing Crisis Center Dallas:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Supportive Housing Programs that provide an alternative living arrangement for individuals who, because of age, disability, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic homelessness or other circumstances, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in the activities of daily living; or who need access to case management, housing support, vocational, employment and other services to transition to independent living.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Housing Crisis Center Dallas' directly at: (214)828-4244

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Housing Crisis Center Dallas, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...