James City County Office Of Housing Williamsburg

5320 Palmer Lane
Williamsburg, VA 23188

757-259-5340 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: affordable housing

General Information:
The department is charged with addressing affordable housing and neighborhood improvement needs and works closely with federal, state, other local agencies, community organizations and the private sector to offer a wide range of housing assistance services to low- and moderate-income County residents. The following is a summary of the programs administered by the Office of Housing and Community Development (OHCD):     Apartment Listing     Home Energy Loss Prevention (HELP)     Emergency Home Repair Program (EHRP)     First-Time Homebuyers     Homebuyer Education Classes     Flood Mitigation     Housing Conditions Study     HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies     Indoor Plumbing/Housing Rehabilitation (IPR)     Lead Based Paint (applies to all programs)     Community Development Block Grant     Rental Assistance Programs     Virginia Homeless Solutions Program Program (VHSP)     Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8)     Resources

Website: http://www.jamescitycountyva.gov/HousingCommunityDev/index.html

Helpful Definitions For James City County Office Of Housing Williamsburg:
Drug And Alcohol Rehab programs are intended to treat alcohol and/or drug dependency.  The cost of participating in one of these programs and the method of treatment range significantly. The database operated on this website only includes residential rehab programs (not outpatient programs). We also provide Access to Recovery (ATR) Grant programs for substance abuse treatment. 

How To Volunteer at James City County Office Of Housing Williamsburg:
Be a volunteer. Call James City County Office Of Housing Williamsburg at 757-259-5340 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:
ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'James City County Office Of Housing Williamsburg' directly at: 757-259-5340

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding James City County Office Of Housing Williamsburg, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...