Community Action Commission Of Fayette County Washington Court House

324 E Court St
Washington Court House, OH 43160

740-335-7282 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Homeless Shelter, Transitional Housing

General Information:
HOMELESS SHELTER   Eligibility Guidelines Any family that is facing homelessness. This includes: single women, children, couples with children, and single parent families.   Application Process Families entering the shelter must first contact Gaye Huffman, Homeless Program Coordinator.  At that time you will be asked how many there are in your family to assure that there is enough room at the shelter to accommodate your family.  All persons seeking shelter must have a police and sheriff’s report done to protect the other families staying at the shelter. If you have a criminal background that does not necessarily mean that you will be denied services.   Families are taken on a first come, first serve basis. If you are unable to go to the shelter that day, please let staff know your emergency, as other families cannot be denied shelter if you do not return to the shelter at the time that you had arranged.   Shelter curfew is 9:00 unless the family has to work past that time.   Services 24 hour Shelter Self-Sufficiency Planning Job Search Assistance Budgeting Credit Counseling Transportation Assistance locating housing   TRANSITIONAL HOUSING Fayette County Community Action Commission operates a transitional program through the Housing & Urban Development’s Continuum of Care process and the Ohio Development Services Agency. This program allows low-income individuals access rent subsidies from 6 months to 2 years, based on availability and individual family needs. Services include: housing, self-sufficiency planning, and transportation.


Helpful Definitions For Community Action Commission Of Fayette County Washington Court House:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Emergency Homeless Shelters both provide short term relief for the homeless and low income persons. Usually there is a maximum stay of 3 months or less. Many of these shelters ask their clients to leave during the day. Meals and other supportive services are often offered. 3 times out of 5 these shelters offer their services free of charge.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Community Action Commission Of Fayette County Washington Court House' directly at: 740-335-7282

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Community Action Commission Of Fayette County Washington Court House, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...