Burlington County Community Action Program Willingboro

One Van Sciver Parkway
Willingboro, NJ 08046

(609) 835-4329 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Various housing assistance programs. Visit details and website provided.

General Information:
Housing Programs Provided Housing Acquisition/Rehab/Resale BCCAP purchases properties, renovates them, then sells them to low and moderate income residents of Burlington County allowing them to become first time homeowners. Restrictions Apply Permanent Rental Housing Provides affordable rental housing to low-income families. Housing Counseling As a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency, BCCAP provides first-time homebuyer education; pre-purchase and post- purchase homeownership counseling; mortgage delinquency and default resolution counseling; fair housing assistance; renter assistance counseling; to eligible applicants. Fair Housing Services & Coordinating Activities As the Fair Housing Counseling Agency for Burlington County, BCCAP provides fair housing information and referral, and assistance with filing housing discrimination complaints. Homelessness Prevention Provides referral assistance to the homeless and those in imminent danger of homelessness, by providing 1 payment for delinquent mortgages or rent (must meet guidelines). BCCAP also assists with first months rent if you are homeless (must have proof of homelessness). Transitional Housing for the Homeless Provides temporary, safe housing to homeless families with children and supportive services through intensive case management to help the families achieve self-sufficiency and move into permanent housing.

Website: http://www.bccap.org/

Helpful Definitions For Burlington County Community Action Program Willingboro:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Drug And Alcohol Rehab programs are intended to treat alcohol and/or drug dependency.  The cost of participating in one of these programs and the method of treatment range significantly. The database operated on this website only includes residential rehab programs (not outpatient programs). We also provide Access to Recovery (ATR) Grant programs for substance abuse treatment. 

How To Volunteer at Burlington County Community Action Program Willingboro:
Be a volunteer. Call Burlington County Community Action Program Willingboro at (609) 835-4329 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About ShelterListings.org Listings:
ShelterListings.org does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Burlington County Community Action Program Willingboro' directly at: (609) 835-4329

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Burlington County Community Action Program Willingboro, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...