Family And Community Service Of Delaware County Media

37 N Glenwood Ave
Clifton Heights, PA 19018

(610) 626-5800 Go To Website
Class of Housing: supportive housing

General Information:
Supportive Housing FCS partners with the Delaware County Housing Authority (DCHA) and provides intensive case management services to single adults or families with children who have been homeless due to participants’ mental health and/or substance abuse problems. DCHA awards selected participants with Housing Choice vouchers which provide an ongoing rental subsidy are used to obtain an apartment. Intensive case management services assist participants who are in recovery with budgeting, household management, attendance at appointments with treatment providers, and other individual goals. Ralph Moses House – HIV/AIDS Supportive, Transitional Housing The Ralph Moses House, located in the City of Chester, provides supportive, transitional housing for homeless men living with HIV/AIDS. The program connects residents with ongoing medical care, life-sustaining medications, and supportive social services. Residents gain skills required to manage their health more effectively and live as independent and self-sufficient members of the community. Residents generally stay at the House for about six to nine months before moving on to permanent housing. Following housing placement, to support their successful transition to independence, the House’s former residents then receive nine months of case management using the evidence-based Critical Time Intervention (CTI) approach.  The project is named for Ralph Moses, a lifelong Chester resident, HIV/AIDS activist, and person living with AIDS. Ralph is a former long-time member of the Agency’s Board of Directors.


Helpful Definitions For Family And Community Service Of Delaware County Media:

Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Supportive Housing Programs that provide an alternative living arrangement for individuals who, because of age, disability, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic homelessness or other circumstances, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in the activities of daily living; or who need access to case management, housing support, vocational, employment and other services to transition to independent living.

How To Volunteer at Family And Community Service Of Delaware County Media:
Be a volunteer. Call Family And Community Service Of Delaware County Media at (610) 626-5800 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Family And Community Service Of Delaware County Media' directly at: (610) 626-5800

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Family And Community Service Of Delaware County Media, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...