Committee On The Shelterless Petaluma

1500 B Petaluma Blvd S
Petaluma, CA 94952

(707) 765-6530 Go To Website
Class of Housing/Services: Emergency Shelter, Transitional Housing

General Information:
Intake Procedure: Call to have your name placed on the bed list. After your name is placed on the bed list call 776-4777 between 8am-12 Noon to check bed availability. Beds are available on first come, first served basis. Emergency Shelter, Transitional Housing and Transformative Programs for Homeless Adults Overview: Capacity includes 100 emergency shelter spaces (first floor) and 33 transitional housing units (second floor). Provides homeless adults (without children) with emergency shelter who committ to Individual action plans that include mental health and chemical dependency assessment and treatment. Residents are required to attend courses in financial literacy skill building, employment readiness and job training, and move into either the Center's on-site shared transitional housing or other longer-term housing. Residents of the Center's on-site transitional housing participate in Work Right, including part-time employment at COTS or placement in a focused employment internship with a local business. Transitional housing residents will also participate in Rent Right. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Emergency shelter: Homeless adults without children, Transitional housing: Single adults FEES: Emergency shelter: No fee, Transitional housing: Significantly lower than market rate rents HOURS: 24 hours, 7 days a week INTAKE PROCEDURE: See service description for details LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH: Little Spanish  


Helpful Definitions For Committee On The Shelterless Petaluma:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Committee On The Shelterless Petaluma' directly at: (707) 765-6530

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Committee On The Shelterless Petaluma, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...