Serving People In Need, Inc. Costa Mesa

151 Kalmus Drive, H-2
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

(714) 751-1101 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Non Profit Organization that provides housing assistance

General Information:
GAPP (Guided Assistance To Permanent Placement) Housing Program SPIN’s housing program provides move-in costs to permanent housing for families with children through rapid rehousing and transitional housing programs.The foundation of the SPIN’s housing program is case management and support services, which are selected and designed to address the underlying issues that led to the client’s current situation and may include job development, counseling, budgeting, credit clean-up, etc. Who Qualifies? Literally homeless Orange County families with children who lack a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence including places not meant for human habitation. OR, families imminently losing their primary nighttime residence. OR, families being evicted from a private dwelling unit through court order or eviction notice OR, for some funding services:     OC families with school age children sharing housing due to loss of housing, economic hardship or similar reason     OC families with school age children living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camp grounds due to lack of alternative accommodations     OC families with school age children living in emergency or transitional shelters     OC families with school age children living in places not meant for human habitation


Helpful Definitions For Serving People In Need, Inc. Costa Mesa:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

How To Volunteer at Serving People In Need, Inc. Costa Mesa:
Be a volunteer. Call Serving People In Need, Inc. Costa Mesa at (714) 751-1101 for current volunteer work opportunities.

As A General Note About Listings: does our best to provide listings that are free of cost. Many of the homeless shelters and services are free of charge. Some do charge small fees. We always urge the users of our website to visit the websites of the providers listed, OR give them a phone call to find out complete details.

In furtherance; Halfway Houses, Transitional Housing, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the most part charge a fee. Most of the substance abuse resources we provide are low cost, Medicaid or sliding scale fee. We provide as much information as possible on the website of these locations.

Rooming and Boarding Houses do charge fees. We list them where we find them. They are a nice low cost option for housing.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Serving People In Need, Inc. Costa Mesa' directly at: (714) 751-1101

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Serving People In Need, Inc. Costa Mesa, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...