Mchenry County P.a.d.s.

1805 S. Illinois Route 31
McHenry, IL 60050

(815) 759-7284 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Emergency Shelter, Transitional Housing

General Information:
McHenry County PADS merged with Pioneer Center for Human Services, McHenry County's provider of the broadest range of human services. The merger of these two organizations was the very first of its kind in McHenry County. McHenry County PADS offers emergency and transitional housing coupled with support services in order to help individuals experiencing homelessness work toward becoming self-sufficient. These support services enable individuals to receive case management, access to vocational programs and life skills training, as well as day-to-day services including access to showers, laundry facilities, transportation, computers and an address at which to receive mail. All individuals must go through an intake process before receiving services as well as be a McHenry County resident or have 30-day residency status.


Helpful Definitions For Mchenry County P.a.d.s. :
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Mchenry County P.a.d.s. ' directly at: (815) 759-7284

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Mchenry County P.a.d.s. , please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...