Home » Tennessee » Kingsport

Hay House Kingsport Halfway House

427 E Sullivan St,
Kingsport, TN 37660

Class of Housing: Halfway house for men.

General Information:

Halfway house for men. Mental health is accepted on a case-by-case basis. Applicants must be from East Tennessee for services.


Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long is the in-residence program?
A: Approximately 6 months.

Q: What is the difference between Probation and Community Corrections?
A: Probation: Is a court ordered suspension of a prison sentence to community-based supervision. Community Corrections: Is a court ordered suspension of a prison sentence with intensive community based supervision and treatment that is performed by agencies that contract with the State. Offenders in Community Corrections, unlike regular probation, receive jail credit for time served on the program. Community Corrections programs are operational in all but two Tennessee Counties.

Q: How do clients get to the Hay House after sentencing?
A: The clients are processed through the detention centers. Once the centers has completed all necessary paperwork, they will contact the Hay House to set up transportation. We cannot pick up new clients until the detention centers calls us and lets us know they are ready for transport.

Q: What are the visitation days and hours?
A: Visitation is on Sundays, for immediate family members. Please see Bahavior Contract for exact hours.

Q: What are the fees that have to be paid while on Community Corrections?
A: Rent is $50 per week while in residence. Supervision Fee is $15 per month. Criminal Injury Fees are $30 per month plus associated court costs and restitution if ordered.

Q: When are clients eligible for a home pass?
A: They are eligible for a home pass after the first thirty days, if their fees are current and their behavior is satisfactory.

Q: What are the days and hours for job search?
A: Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am until 12:30 pm.

Q: When can family members drop off items for the clients?
A: Family members can drop off items Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.

Q: How can I get my son or daughter into the John R. Hay House?
A: All Hay House clients are only admitted by order of the court system or by their Probation Officer.

Website: http://hayhouseinc.org/

Did you find a problem with this listing? Please notify us of changes needed.

Helpful Definitions For Hay House Kingsport Halfway House:

Halfway Housing helps transition individuals and families from shelters or homelessness to permanent housing. Length of stay is usually anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.  Residents are often required to pay at least 30% of their income toward program fees.  Sometimes the money they pay in fees is returned to them when they leave. Any emergency or homeless shelter that allows their clients to stay more then 6 months is also classified under this category.
Oftentimes halfway houses also assist in the treatment of substance abuse and/or alcohol and drug detox. Speak with the halfway house to see if this applies.

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call Hay House Kingsport Halfway House directly at: 423-578-3771
Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Hay House Kingsport Halfway House, please provide it below.

Post Comment OR Correction

Email Address:


Answer Above Math Problem: