Peoples Emergency Center

325 N. 39th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

(215) 382-7522 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Emergency Housing, Transitional Housing, Supportive Housing, Halfway House

General Information:
For shelter services, families in need should call (215) 382-7523, ext. 210 or 211. PEC teaches homeless families to be self-sufficient in a nurturing residential environment that allows them time to heal and grow. Our intensive continuum of care gives families the tools to live independently and set their children on a path to healthy adulthood. Step One: Families start out in our Emergency Housing, with round-the-clock support, where they begin to address the underlying issues that lead to their homelessness and learn core life skills. Step Two: As families stabilize and are able to manage additional responsibilities, they move to Transitional Housing where they begin to acquire financial management skills. Step Three: Once families demonstrate self-sufficiency skills in areas of financial and household management, they are referred to Permanent Housing.  Follow-up case management, support services and counseling is provided.


Helpful Definitions For Peoples Emergency Center:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Peoples Emergency Center' directly at: (215) 382-7522

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Peoples Emergency Center, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...