Veterans Transition House

20 Willis St.
New Bedford, MA 02740

508-992-5313 Visit Website
Class of Housing/Services: Veterans Transitional Housing, halfway house

General Information:
The S. E. Mass. Veterans Housing Program, Inc. was established to provide hope in a safe, sober, supportive residence for homeless Veterans, and to assist those who desire to achieve rehabilitation, self-sufficiency, and reintegration into the community. The S. E. Mass. Veterans Housing Program, Inc. is a private, nonprofit 501 ©(3) corporation known as the Veterans Transition House (VTH). The VTH was founded by a group of local Vietnam-Era Veterans and community leaders. They recognized a need to develop and provide sober, safe, affordable housing to homeless, at risk, Veterans of the Armed Forces. S. E. Mass. Veterans Housing Program, Inc. consists of several programs geared principally in assisting Veterans in need. These include the original VTH program, The VTH Graduate Program (3 locations), The Women Veterans Transition House (WVTH) and Network House. The VTH program consists of forty-five (45) beds for male Veterans. The VTH Graduate Program has seventeen (17) units of supportive housing. The WVTH program will have ten (10) beds exclusively for female Veterans. In collaboration with the City of New Bedford, the Network House provides transitional supportive services to ten (10) male civilians affected by the disease of addiction.


Helpful Definitions For Veterans Transition House:
Supportive Housing Programs that provide an alternative living arrangement for individuals who, because of age, disability, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic homelessness or other circumstances, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in the activities of daily living; or who need access to case management, housing support, vocational, employment and other services to transition to independent living.

Drug And Alcohol Rehab programs are intended to treat alcohol and/or drug dependency.  The cost of participating in one of these programs and the method of treatment range significantly. The database operated on this website only includes residential rehab programs (not outpatient programs). We also provide Access to Recovery (ATR) Grant programs for substance abuse treatment. 

Post Comment OR Correction
If you need assistance call 'Veterans Transition House' directly at: 508-992-5313

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Veterans Transition House, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...