Amos House Halfway House

415 Friendship Street
Providence, RI 02907

(401) 272-0220 Go To Website Donate Go to Facebook
Class of Housing/Services: Halfway House, Transitional House, case management, crisis intervention, mental health and subtance abuse support

General Information:
More than a meal, Amos House is home. And all that goes with it. Trust, safety, a solid foundation from which to grow, and friendships (made right here on Friendship Street). We offer a continuum of housing programs for individuals and families that are homeless and poor.  Over the past ten years our properties have provided temporary and permanent housing to more than 2,300 people. Our services include: Transitional and supportive housing. Our mens and womens transitional housing programs provide safe housing for hundreds of homeless people each year. Our apartment program assists individuals and families on their journey from homelessness to self-sufficiency. And our rooming houses provide permanent and supportive housing for homeless people with special needs. Intake Procedure Only by appointment Monday 10:30am to 11:30am Wednesday 1:00pm to 3:00pm Our Programs Include 90 Day Transitional Housing Soup Kitchen Workforce Training Literacy Training Substance Abuse Referrals Supportive Housing Emergency Financial Assistance Employment Assistance Mother-Child Reunification Program ID & Birth Cert. Assistance Housing Referral Assistance Prescription Assistance Amos House WORKS Culinary Education (ACE) Carpentry/MaintenanceTraining (ACT/AMP) Project RENEW Financial Opportunity Center


Helpful Definitions For Amos House Halfway House:
Transitional housing is affordable supportive housing designed to provide housing and appropriate support services to persons who are homeless or who are close to homelessness. The transition is to help them be more self sufficient to move towards independent living on their own. Transitional housing locations are oftentimes called Halfway Houses. The naming of the two (Halfway House OR Transitional House) is oftentimes interchangeable.

Many Transitional Housing programs are subsidized and are income based. Income based transitional housing generally charges 30% of your income for rent when you do have income. Contact the transitional housing facility to see if this applies.

Services provided at transitional housing facilities varies from substance abuse treatment, to psychological assistance, job training, domestic violence assistance, etc. The assistance provided varies, but it is generally affordable and low cost housing. Read the descriptions of each of the transitional living locations for more detailed information. Transitional housing facilities also may or may not assist with alcohol and/or drug substance abuse treatment.Supportive Housing Programs that provide an alternative living arrangement for individuals who, because of age, disability, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic homelessness or other circumstances, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in the activities of daily living; or who need access to case management, housing support, vocational, employment and other services to transition to independent living.

Rooming House or Boarding House A rooming house is a building in which renters occupy single rooms and share kitchens, bathrooms, and common areas. The location may be a converted single family home, a converted hotel, or a purpose built structure. Rooming houses may have as few as three rooms for rent, or more than a hundred. The same goes for boarding houses. We list these types of residences throughout

Post Comment OR Correction

If you need assistance call 'Amos House Halfway House' directly at: (401) 272-0220

Posting Comments below is for viewers on this website only. If you have information that can help users regarding Amos House Halfway House, please provide it below.

Enter your full name, first and last
comment being added...